Saladan Pier is one of two ferry piers on Koh Lanta. The other ferry pier on Koh Lanta, which is called Khlong Mak Pier, is where the car ferry to the closest point on the mainland arrives and departs. Saladan Pier is where the long distance ferry and speedboat services arrive and depart, as well as some tour boat and diving boat services.
About Saladan Pier
Saladan Pier is one of Thailand’s most scenic ferry piers located at the mouth of the river estuary which separates Koh Lanta’s two main islands. On one side of the estuary is Saladan Pier and the wooden houses of Saladan town which hang over the sea on pillars. On the other side of the estuary is a beach backed by pine trees. Saladan Pier is in a beautiful spot and we recommend staying at one of the guesthouses on the river front near to the pier so that you can sit on the restaurant deck overhanging the water and watch the ferries and other boats cruise slowly to and from the pier throughout the day.
Facilities at Saladan Pier
Saladan Pier has two large restaurants, one on either side of the pier. There is also a small shop located at the entrance to the pier. What Saladan Pier does not appear to have, however, is a public toilet. For toilet facilities you need to go the main street by the entrance to the pier and visit one of the cafes or restaurants on that street.
Local Transport at Saladan Pier
There are plenty of local transport operators waiting in the car park for passengers as they disembark from the frequent arrivals at Saladan Pier. There are two types of vehicle used for passenger services:
- Koh Lanta Style Tuk Tuks: These are the cheapest type of transport on the island, particularly if you walk into Saladan Town and hire one of these vehicles from the street rather than from just outside the pier. Koh Lanta style tuk-tuks have passenger seating in a side car rather than at the rear.
- Converted pick up trucks: More expensive, but a better option for longer distance journeys. The Koh Lanta style tuk-tuks are very slow.
Location of Saladan Pier
- Saladan Pier is located in Ban Saladan which is the main town in Koh Lanta.
Ferry To Koh Phi Phi
Both ferry and speedboat services operate at the route from Koh Lanta to Koh Phi Phi. In this instance, because the S.P.S.B.C speedboat services travel indirectly from Koh Lanta to Koh Phi Phi its actually quicker to take the Choakoh Travel or Tigerline Travel passenger ferry.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Saladan Ferry Pier to Koh Phi Phi:
|Company||Koh Lanta||Koh Phi Phi||Online Cost|
|Chaokoh Travel||08:00||09:00||450 THB|
|Tigerline Travel||12:30||13:00||800 THB|
|Tigerline Travel||15:30||16:30||800 THB|
- Check ticket availability from Koh Lanta to Koh Phi Phi.
Ferry To Phuket
The journey by sea from Koh Lanta to Phuket takes 2 hours to 3 hours 40 minutes depending upon which service you take.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Saladan Ferry Pier to Phuket:
|Company||Koh Lanta||Phuket||Online Cost|
|Chaokoh Travel||08:00||10:50||1.000 THB|
|Tigerline Travel||12:30||13:45||1,650 THB|
|Tigerline Travel||15:30||17:30||1,650 THB|
- Check ticket availability from Koh Lanta to Phuket.
Ferry To Koh Lipe
There are three daily services from Saladan Pier to Koh Lipe, all of which depart at 10:30. S.P.S.B.C and Smart En Plus operate speedboat services which tend to be more punctual than the Tigerline Travel ferry service.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Saladan Ferry Pier to Koh Lipe:
|Company||Koh Lanta||Koh Lipe||Online Cost|
|Smart En Plus||10:30||13:30||1,700 THB|
|Tigerline Travel||10:30||13:30||1,700 THB|
- Check ticket availability from Koh Lanta to Koh Lipe.
Ferry To Krabi Town
There is a single daily ferry service on this route. An alternative option is to take one of the cheaper but slower car ferry and minivan services which run frequently throughout the day taking passengers from their hotel in Koh Lanta to Krabi Bus Station.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Saladan Ferry Pier to Krabi:
|Company||Koh Lanta||Krabi||Online Cost|
|Tigerline Travel||12:30||13:30||950 THB|
- Check ticket availability from Koh Lanta to Krabi.