There are two ways to travel from Samui Airport to Koh Phangan:
- Take a taxi or minivan from Samui Airport to one of the ferry piers and then take a ferry to Koh Phangan.
- Book a joint minivan and ferry service that takes you direct from Samui Airport to the main town in Koh Phangan.
Travelling by direct transfer is the quickest option and most likely the cheapest, as taxi services in Koh Samui are expensive compared to mainland Thailand.
Direct Transfer times to Koh Phangan
There are 3 direct services a day from Samui Airport to Koh Phangan which you can book online.
|Samui Airport||Koh Phangan||Ticket Price||Company|
|08:00||08:30||฿ 450||Seatran Discovery|
|13:00||13:30||฿ 450||Seatran Discovery|
|16:30||17:00||฿ 450||Seatran Discovery|
- Children under 3 years of age travel for free.
- Children from 3 to 9 years of age are eligible for the reduced ticket price of 350 THB booked online.
Buy Tickets to Koh Phangan
Use the Search Box below to book your joint minivan and ferry tickets from Samui Airport to Koh Phangan:
- When you check in for this service you need to show the counter staff either a printed version of your electronic booking voucher or a screen shot of the booking voucher on your phone or tablet.
About travel to Koh Phangan
After leaving the plane on arrival at Samui Airport, the first stage in the journey is to check in for your transfer to Koh Phangan. The check-in point is the Samui Accom counter in the arrival area after baggage reclaim. Once you have checked in for your transfer the counter staff will direct to where to wait for the minivan which departs from the car park in front of the airport.
- Location of Samui Airport:
From Samui Airport the minivan will take you to Bangrak Seatran Ferry Pier. Bangrak Seatran Ferry Pier is 3.9 km by road from Samui Airport and the journey should take around 11 minutes. The minivan stops at the car park in front of the pier and passengers then go directly onto the Seatran Discovery Ferry, which is a modern fast ferry with two decks, an outdoor seating area, toilets, and a small shop on board.
- Location of Koh Phangan Ferry Pier
The sea crossing on the Seatran Discovery Ferry takes 30 minutes. The ferry docks at Koh Phangan Ferry Port in the town of Thong Sala and this is where passengers disembark from the ferry. The main form of public transport at Koh Phangan Ferry Port is shared taxis. The fares are fixed an cost 200 THB to travel to Haad Rin and 300 THB to travel to Thong Nai Pan or Haad Yao.